Monday, September 13, 2010

Made my own laundry detergent

And so far so good. FYI you REALLY need to be right there with it while it's boiling even just simmering on low this stuff can boil over fast. That being said. No other mishaps happened while making it. Instead of the Fels Naptha soap or ivory I used a Dr. Bronner's All in one soap bar. But it did fine.

Right now I have a load of towels done and they smell and feel great. I am waiting for my prefolds to get out of the dryer to see if they upset my baby girl's bum. I ran out of Allen's All Natural ( which is my favorite cloth diapering detergent) and the store I buy from is going out of business so I really hope that this is gentle on her skin. I use ECOS for all my other laundry, but it tends to break her out in a rash, I think it might be the lavender in it.

I will update later, but as of right now I am really excited!

Please post and let us know how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment